HELP! My client clicked on the " Store encrypted passwords in database (can not be disabled) " BOX before I've even finished his site.

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 28, 2012   (RSS)

By Codee - October 25, 2012 - edited: October 26, 2012

I know in the General Section it states " Store encrypted passwords in database (can not be disabled) " but IS THERE a way to reverse this? My client erringly clicked on the box and the site's not even finished and delivered to him yet (My bad for providing admin access before training was finished).

Help...PLEASE...oh please...[:(]

Re: [greg] HELP! My client clicked on the " Store encrypted passwords in database (can not be disabled) " BOX before I've even finished his site.

By Codee - October 26, 2012

Thank you, Greg. I just submitted a 2nd Level Support Request and included LOTS of gratitude!

Re: [equinox69] HELP! My client clicked on the " Store encrypted passwords in database (can not be disabled) " BOX before I've even finished his site.

By Dave - October 27, 2012

Terry, that feature is enabled by default on all future sites, what is your concern about having it turned on? Or has it caused any problems?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] HELP! My client clicked on the " Store encrypted passwords in database (can not be disabled) " BOX before I've even finished his site.

By Codee - October 28, 2012

Hi Dave,
Greg already "reeducated" me. Basically, it was my paranoia, I was confusing it partially with the secure server option. I had never checked that box on any other site 'cuz I thought it would be bad...so when I saw it checked on this site, after getting back from another country and being up 32 hours straight I was not quite thinking through the processes. Greg straightened me out. I left it checked. No harm. No foul. Thanks for following up!

Re: [equinox69] HELP! My client clicked on the " Store encrypted passwords in database (can not be disabled) " BOX before I've even finished his site.

By Dave - October 28, 2012

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for the update. Cheers
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com