Larger Picture Files will not upload

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 25, 2012   (RSS)

By jeffrenner - October 24, 2012 - edited: October 24, 2012

I am having a problem with larger picture files not uploading properly on a couple of my websites that I recently completed using CMS Builder. When I upload files larger than 2mb I get the following error message on from the uploader: "Error uploading '1.jpg', server returned: HTTP 500"
The file is being uploaded to the "uploads" folder but no thumbnails are being produced and the picture is not showing up on the CMS interface. I have the file size set to unlimited in the interface. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Re: [jeffrenner] Larger Picture Files will not upload

Hi,

Jerrys suggestion is great, I would add that most hosting services do allow you to create or edit your own php.ini files, and that CMS Builder comes with a php.ini file in its base directory that you can edit. If you go to the root directory of your CMS Admin folder you should see a file called php.ini. If you add the following lines to the bottom of it, your upload limit should be increased:

file_uploads = On
upload_max_filesize = 10M //needs to be in {x}M format

If you still can't upload files larger than 2mb then I would contact your hosting company and ask them about changing the limit.

Thanks!
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com