update 2.13 to 2.17 moved to new server viewing issues

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 15, 2012   (RSS)

By vyskocil - October 11, 2012

I moved shetek.org to a new server and updated to 2.17at the same time. Now I am having a strange issue. some of the pages work fine and other just show errors because cant find the files. The paths on the new server are different than the old. plus the code in the code generator is different in 2.17 than in the 2.13 so I have to modify the .php pages to properly access the DB. This issue I am having is that some of the pages still work with the old path and the old code and some pages require the new code. almost like some of the pages are drawing on the old version and some on the new. I have gone in to the admin panel and updated the page and that is shown properly. But If I modity any part of the page in dreamweaver and replace it on the server then I get the errors on that page and it requires the new code. I plan to modify the pages but I am wondering if you know what is happening and short of removing the cms and reinstalling how can I be sure that the 2.17 is in place. the admin panel does say ver 2.17

Re: [greg] update 2.13 to 2.17 moved to new server viewing issues

By vyskocil - October 12, 2012

Yes, I understand that I cannot draw data from the old server. what I was saying is that some of the paths are working and some are not. I just replaced the
require_once "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/shetek.org/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php"; with
require_once "/home/shetek/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php";
Some of the pages were still working witht the /usr/local ..... path which I know is the wrong path and should not work which is what got me wondering. .

and now that I have the updated version it appears as though I need to change all the pages to
// load viewer library
$libraryPath = 'cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php';
$dirsToCheck = array('/home/shetek/public_html/','','../','../../','../../../');
foreach ($dirsToCheck as $dir) { if (@include_once("$dir$libraryPath")) { break; }}
if (!function_exists('getRecords')) { die("Couldn't load viewer library, check filepath in sourcecode."); }

And that should solve my problems. Is that correct?

Re: [vyskocil] update 2.13 to 2.17 moved to new server viewing issues

By Jason - October 15, 2012

Hi,

Yes, that should take care of that issue for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/