Pulling in Information from 2 different CMSB installations into the same page

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 12, 2012   (RSS)

By gadefgaertgqe - October 11, 2012 - edited: October 11, 2012

Hi,

I am in a situation where I am pulling in information from 2 different CMSB installations into one page.

The first LOAD RECORDS works fine and all information is there.

However the second CMSB LOAD RECORDS fails. I am pulling in the information as a PHP include (it's the footer of the page).

I get no errors. But looking at the page source in the browser it seems like the server simply stops at the point I call the include with the info for the second CMSB.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

Re: [greg] Pulling in Information from 2 different CMSB installations into the same page

By gadefgaertgqe - October 11, 2012 - edited: October 11, 2012

Hi Greg,

Yes, both installations are on the same server. One pulls in product information from a nightly upload. The other provides the content for the rest of the site.

Would something like this maybe work?
http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.get/
http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/javascript-ajax/5-ways-to-make-ajax-calls-with-jquery/

Thanks

Paul

Re: [8bit Pixel] Pulling in Information from 2 different CMSB installations into the same page

By gregThomas - October 11, 2012

Hi Paul.

Jquery get does seem the way to go, I would use something like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
$.get('path/to/data/page.php', function(data) {
$('#content-div').html(data);
});
</script>

<div id="content-div" >
<!-- content will be loaded into here -->
</div>

Thanks
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

Re: [8bit Pixel] Pulling in Information from 2 different CMSB installations into the same page

By Toledoh - October 11, 2012

Hi Paul,

I'm interested as to why you would have two installs. If you get a chance, can you explain? I can totally understand 1 install driving multiple sites.

Just interested in how others use CMSB...
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Pulling in Information from 2 different CMSB installations into the same page

By gadefgaertgqe - October 12, 2012

@Greg: Will give that a go in a moment . . . . after coffee ;)

@ Toledoh: No problem explaining. They are split due to the amount of data that is imported each day into one of them. It imports a CSV and ZIP full of images. As a result it's just quicker to wipe the database and import.

With that kind of stuff going on I felt it best to split them. Also when it comes to backups, I will not be backing up data that is redundant by the next day, and so on....... the list of reasons is fairly extensive lol!

By gadefgaertgqe - October 12, 2012 - edited: October 12, 2012

@ Greg: All working! Slows things down just a little but it's by far the best solution I could have hoped for! Thanks for looking at it :)

I would love to see the ability for CMSB to be able to work with multiple copies of itself in the future.

As always CMSB, the support and the community rocks!

Paul