Database Connection Issues

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 25, 2012   (RSS)

By shawnpatoka - September 24, 2012

i have cmsbuilder installed on my network solutions server, and keep getting these database connection errors (see screenshot link)
Is this a problem with how I set up cmsbuilder? or is this a problem with network solutions?

website link:
www.seenstream.com

Screenshot link:
http://shawnpatoka.com/screenshot.png

Re: [greg] Database Connection Issues

By shawnpatoka - September 24, 2012

they are pretty frequent. I work on the site every day and i see an error at least 4 to 5 times a day.

I just contacted them, and they said I need to make a php.ini file and place that in the cgi-bin in the root folder. However, I am not a pro at any of this, lol, and i really dont know what a php.ini file is. or if that will in fact fix my problem.

Re: [shawnpatoka] Database Connection Issues

By gregThomas - September 24, 2012

A php.ini file is a way of setting site wide or directory wide settings. For example setting a maximum upload size, or if PHP errors should be displayed. Did they tell you why they wanted it creating and what should be in it?

CMS Builder comes with a php.ini file for the CMS Builder admin area. You can find it in the cmsAdmin directory. You could try copying it into your cgi-bin directory and changing any settings in it that Network Solutions suggested.

It does sound like it's a problem with the MySQL server with Network solutions. Are you on shared hosting? As another site on the server might be getting a large volume of traffic which is causing the issue.

Thanks
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

Re: [greg] Database Connection Issues

By shawnpatoka - September 25, 2012

I spoke with them on the phone, and they sent me a php.ini file that increased the ram for php or something. ***knock on wood*** seems to be working now

Re: [shawnpatoka] Database Connection Issues

By gregThomas - September 25, 2012

Excellent!

Let me know if you have any more issues.

Thanks
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com