injecting data into database, from form...BUT form embedded on a regular CMS list page?

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 4, 2012   (RSS)

By Codee - August 30, 2012

Hi IT, I've used the code page (Dave wrote some time ago) for injecting data from a form right into the database interfaced with CMSB - always works great! What I want to know is can that form page be built in to a regular cmsb list page? What I want is a tiny 4-question form on a sidebar (on the left side menu bar that is a list page) so that it can post on every page of the website?

Re: [equinox69] injecting data into database, from form...BUT form embedded on a regular CMS list page?

By gkornbluth - September 2, 2012

Hi Equinox69,

You didn't post the code you were using, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

I'd give it a try on a test page and see what specific issues (if any) present themselves.

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [Jason] injecting data into database, from form...BUT form embedded on a regular CMS list page?

By Codee - September 4, 2012

Yeah, that's how I went about it...I was complicating what did not need to be more than a php include statement...I had erringly been considering having to put the header of the scripted page in with the page it was to be included with...hence, my question. Thanks to you and Jerry for pointing out the obvious. It works perfectly and easily.