Notice: CMSB v2.16 Beta!

34 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 28, 2012   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Jason - August 21, 2012

We've just released v2.16 beta1 (beta list members will get an email with a download link shortly).

The major new features are:
- Speed: Improved program speed by up to 60%
- Mail: Logging of outgoing mail now supported under: Admin > General Settings > Email Settings
- Sorting: Category menus can now be re-ordered with click and drag sorting

MINOR CHANGES
- Plugin filters: Added filters for: userSectionAccess and userHasFieldAccess for overriding access levels
- Plugin Actions: Added actions for: list_postAdvancedSearch for outputting code directly after the advanced search fields
- Compatibility: Fixed PHP 5.4.0+ warning "Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated"
- Compatibility: Added upload error for images saved with CMYK palette since not all browses can display them
- Compatibility: Set PHP arg_separator.output value to & so PHP http_build_query() function always works as expected
- Compatibility: Added workaround for Chrome browser bug when uploading "User Agent must be Flash, not..."
- Performance: Program data files (under /data/ folder) now use a new faster loading data format
- Performance: Plugins loading code is now faster and more efficient
- Programmers: isValidEmail() function now returns an array of matched emails instead of just true
- Programmers: Added functions: mysql_get_query, mysql_select_query, emailTemplate_loadFromDB, emailTemplate_replacePlaceholders
- Field Editor: Date fields with blank start or end year range values now default to 5 years before and after current year

CODE CHANGES & BUG FIXES
- Code: Added alias function mysql_escapeCSV()
- Fixed preview error "Preview isn't supported when website membership uses separate login or alternate table name."
- Fixed bug where Related Records field could cause fields below it on edit page to error or not to display correctly
- Changed internal template tags used by code generator to avoid conflicts when PHP asp_tags setting is enabled
- Fixed problems sending to emails which contained underscores
- Misc Code and other minor improvements

If you're not already on the beta tester email list and you'd like to help beta test (you must own at least 1 CMSB license) please email dave@interactivetools.com to be added to the list.

Please post any feedback, questions, or bugs you find!

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Notice: CMSB v2.16 Beta!

• Archived  

By Perchpole - August 21, 2012

Result!

Cheers Jason.

:0)

Perch

• Archived  

By Djulia - August 21, 2012

Hi,

I have an error message with the function email.

mysql_count() MySQL Error: Table '....cms__outgoing_mail' doesn't exist (at header_functions.php line 214 in function mysql_count)

An idea?

Thanks!

Djulia

Re: [Djulia] Notice: CMSB v2.16 Beta!

• Archived  

By Jason - August 21, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Glad to hear that got sorted out. Please let me know if you run into any other problems.

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

• Archived  

By Djulia - August 21, 2012

Can you explain how to use the option Background Send?

Thanks!

Djulia

• Archived  

By Dave - August 21, 2012

Just a heads up, I found a bug that shows up when you're using related records with dragsorting. If you get an error like this:

Fieldschema missing '_tableName' value! (at list_functions.php line 370 in function userHasFieldAccess)

The fix is to add this line to: lib\fieldtypes\relatedRecords.php (just search for loadSchema):

$GLOBALS['schema'] = loadSchema( $relatedTable );
// v2.16+, add pseudo-fields name and _tableName to all fieldSchemas. Doing this once here
// ... instead of every time in loadSchema() is less expensive
$GLOBALS['schema'] = array_merge($GLOBALS['schema'], getSchemaFields($GLOBALS['schema']));

This fix will be in the next beta.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By Dave - August 21, 2012

Hi Djulia,

It's just for programmers right now. So if you create a large amount of messages you can write them to the '_outgoing_mail' table with backgroundSend set to 1, then have a cronjob than runs a "Background Mailer" script that simply checks for messages with that flag, mails then and sets backgroundSend to 0 and `sent` to the current date.

We're not going to include a background-mailer script in this version as we're still testing it, but may in a future release.

Hope that makes sense, let me know any questions.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Notice: CMSB v2.16 Beta!

• Archived  

By Djulia - August 22, 2012

Hi Dave,

I have an error message on move:

Unknown menu 'category'

My table uses another name...

A solution?

Thanks!

Djulia

• Archived  

By Dave - August 22, 2012

Thanks, Djulia,

Here's a code fix. Edit /lib/menus/default/list_functions.js and search for moveCategory

then replace this:
moveCategory(sourceNum, targetNum, position);
}

function moveCategory(sourceNum, targetNum, position){
var url = '?menu=category&_action=categoryMove&sourceNum=' + sourceNum + '&targetNum=' + targetNum + '&position=' + position;
//console.log(url);
window.location.href = url;
}

With this:

//
var menu = $('._tableName', table).val();
var url = '?menu=' +encodeURIComponent(menu)+ '&_action=categoryMove&sourceNum=' + sourceNum + '&targetNum=' + targetNum + '&position=' + position;
window.location.href = url;
}

Let me know if that works for you. Thanks!
interactivetools.com