comment moderation

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 7, 2012   (RSS)

Re: [charnushka] comment moderation

By Jason - June 4, 2012

Hi,

Currently, by default, all posts appear automatically and aren't removable from the regular comments interface. However, with some customization, comments can be hidden until an administrator approves them, or people with certain permissions can be given the ability to delete comments.

If you are interested in pursuing this, please email consulting@interactivetools.com and we can go over some options.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] comment moderation

By design9 - June 7, 2012

When say they are not removable from regular comments interface, you cannot delete them from cms backend comments section?

Also, how do the comments look in backend comments section if you are using comments in different sections?

Thinking about buying this plugin but need to learn a little more.

Thanks!
April

Re: [design9] comment moderation

By Jason - June 7, 2012

Hi April,

What I meant was that you're not able to delete comments from the front end of the website where they appear, the way you are with facebook, etc. You are able to delete the comments from the back end in the "Website Comments" section that the plugin creates for you.

Each comment is tagged with a "tableOrTag" field (ie, the section the comment is associated with) and the record number of the record from that section where the comment is being placed. You are able to see these values in the comments section so that you can delete the correct ones.

Hope this helps,
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] comment moderation

By design9 - June 7, 2012

Great...That's perfect! Thanks so much!

April