Autobackup Plugin - Split Tables

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: May 30, 2012   (RSS)

By rjbathgate - May 28, 2012 - edited: May 28, 2012

Hi,

I have the autobackup plugin working on one of my installations, which is working fine, saving the backup php file to the backups folder, however the file is not getting compressed and therefore not emailed.

It's because the file is too big - the file before compression is about 70MB, and when trying to compress (gzencode) the file, it errors with a memory timeout:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65137092 bytes)

If I set the memory to 600MB (!!!) it does not produce the error, and finishes fine, but the file is still not emailed, so that then may be an issue with email file size attachment.

So, I wanted to try and split the backup file sent by email into parts, by table - there are a few tables which are particularly huge.

i.e. backup tables a - m, compress, email, and backup tables n-z, compress and email.

I can send a single table editing the autobackup file to:

$success = backupDatabase($filename, "table")

but is there a way do multiple tables in one go? Or, skip certain tables?

Thanks in advance
Rob

Re: [rjbathgate] Autobackup Plugin - Split Tables

By Jason - May 29, 2012

Hi,

This can be done with some custom coding. What we could do is create an array where you put in a list of all the tables that you do want to be backed up. We can then loop through this list one at a time backing up and emailing each table individually. The only draw back to this approach is you would get 1 email for each table you backed up.

If you'd like us to look into this, please send an email to consulting@interactivetools.com and we can go over some options.

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [rjbathgate] Autobackup Plugin - Split Tables

By Jason - May 30, 2012

Hi,

We can look into doing this, but it will require a fair amount of customization. Send in a request to consulting@interactivetools.com and we can go over options.

thanks
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/