Software License Agreement translation

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 24, 2012   (RSS)

Re: [ht1080z] Software License Agreement translation

By Damon - March 23, 2012

Hi Karl,

Unfortunately we don't have a version of the software license agreement translated into Greek.
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Dave - March 23, 2012

Re: [Dave] Software License Agreement translation

By ht1080z - March 24, 2012

Hello,

Most parts of the software license agreements is typical, using the same "bob loblaw". I asked if yours is based on some generally known international eula that i can find translated and change the differences only.

Greek law is very tricky i need something more than google for this and change accordingly.

The part i' am worrying:
14. APPLICABLE LAW. This license shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of British Columbia, Canada. Any disputes arising out of this license shall be adjudicated in a court of competent jurisdiction in British Columbia, Canada.

-> this is where "British Columbia, Canada" change with my entered country (Greece) and i dont know nothing about laws in this area.

but this helps:
15. GOVERNING LANGUAGE. Any translation of this License is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English versions, the English version of this License shall govern.

Every day we agree some licenses or terms on the internet and we don't know nothing about the applicable law.
Google changed they license, ACTA is on the way and mostly we just click, global laws and governments are coming.

Strange and quickly changing times.

Thank you Damon & Dave,
Karls

By Dave - March 24, 2012

Hi Karlz,

Sure, no problem.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com