Weird Problem with wysiwyg field

12 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 12, 2012   (RSS)

By (Deleted User) - February 11, 2012

HI Guys,

I have a problem. Recently our site was hacked and the hackers put a bunch of medical pharma html files in various locations on the website. I found some in the tiny_mce files and ended up deleting the whole tiny_mce directory... I did not realize that was part of the CMS... Dumb move. However, I have not logged into the CMS part in awhile so I went to post something the other day and it seems that in a multi field of my news room -- once I get to the entry form area of the news section -- and then drill down to the content for the page -- The title section shows up, but I'm missing the "content" or wysiwyg field... The content is showing up on the page but I can't edit or enter new... I have a few newsrooms set up and it seems that all the "content" section is missing...

I did try replacing the tiny_mce directory but that did not help.
javascript:%20addTag(':(')

I'm not sure how to fix this problem without creating more problems. We are moving the hosting to a new platform soon -- But can you advise me how to fix this in the interim? Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about.

Thanks!
[:(][:(][:(]
Attachments:

missingfield.jpg 337K

newslist.jpg 528K

Re: [cfdesign] Weird Problem with wysiwyg field

By gkornbluth - February 13, 2012 - edited: February 13, 2012

Hi,

Was the database server hacked as well?

Do you have a backup of your databases (from before the hack... if necessary)?

No guarantees, but I'd make sure that you've copied a reasonable number of database backups and all of the CMS files to your computer.

Once you're sure that you can put things back on your server exactly the way they are now, I'd:

Re-upload all of the cmsAdmin files for the same version that you are currently using, (like doing an upgrade, except using the same version), and see if that fixes the problem.

If you're not using currently the auto backup plugin, http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/detail.php?Auto-Backup-1003 you really should plan on using it in the future.

Good Luck,

Jerry
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Weird Problem with wysiwyg field

By (Deleted User) - February 13, 2012

hi. Thanks. Yes I do daily backups of the database... I'm not sure exactly when we were hacked.. but I think all they did was place files and images... I ran several diagnostics on the site and all came back clean for malware.

We are moving this site soon so I will do a new install -- but I am terrified that if I replace a file here things will not work and then I'm screwed!

Re: [cfdesign] Weird Problem with wysiwyg field

By gkornbluth - February 13, 2012 - edited: February 13, 2012

You might want to look at the latest backup files and see if you can find the missing content. If it's not in the latest backup, I'd look further back until you find it.

No matter what you do, as long as you've backed up all the existing files and database backups so that you can re-upload them if necessary, you should be OK (or at least no worse off then you are now).

Use the same version of CMSB when you re-upload the files.

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [sublmnl] Weird Problem with wysiwyg field

By Jason - March 9, 2012

Hi,

Are you experiencing any other problems with CMS Builder, or just the wysiwyg editor?

If the wysiwyg editor is the only problem, you can try deleting the tinymce cache files. If you go into cmsAdmin/data/ you should see one or more files that look like this:

tiny_mce_cache.5840ea8f1fc3c282e9a1d8fc4d5d7e61.gz

These files may have a .gz or a .zip extension. You can delete all of these. These are cache files created by the wysiwyg editor. After a server move, if old cache files are still present, the wysiwyg editor will be looking for files in paths that are no longer correct. Once you delete them, log out and log back into cms builder. the wysiwyg editor will automatically create new cache files for itself.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Weird Problem with wysiwyg field

By sublmnl - March 9, 2012

thanks for the quick reply.
there is also a js file too.
I deleted that and will give it a shot:

tiny_mce_cache.7d65434de7817cbad9c408493e20de7a.js

By sublmnl - March 9, 2012 - edited: March 9, 2012

Didn't work.
Grrrr
I put the js cache file back too.
Not sure what the issue it.
I compared old location to new via an FTP application and the 3rd party folder looks the same.

Ideas?

By Jason - March 9, 2012

Hi,

Did you re-install CMS Builder, or just moved the files from one server to another? You can try backing everything up, then re-installing CMS Builder to see if this resolves the problem for you.

Let me know what happens.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Weird Problem with wysiwyg field

By sublmnl - March 9, 2012

I backed up the DB from the original host.
Pulled down all sites files.
Posted all site files on the new host
Posted the backup DB files on new host
Removed the install file in the cmsAdmin
changed the connection strings to the new host DB
went to the cms login and know we didn't install again, we just had to put in the DB password on the admin page and then it was like we were golden but not so because the wysiwyg panels are gone in the editor views.
I'll try re-installing after backing up again from the current host.

Jason: you guys have done the fresh installs for us for years. Can you message me install instructions as opposed to transfer instructions?

Thank you