2.14 Upgrade Issues

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 30, 2012   (RSS)

By clowden - January 27, 2012

I am trying to upgrade a site to the new version 2.14, but all of the files that are on the FTP have a modified date of 1/26/2012 so I cannot sync the updated files through Transmit.

Is there anyway around this aside from doing a fresh install with 2.14? This is a live site so I would need to minimize the downtime.

Thank you.

Re: [clowden] 2.14 Upgrade Issues

By (Deleted User) - January 27, 2012

Hi clowden,

I've had a quick look at Transmit (the Mac OS X ftp client) and they have an advanced settings menu that should help with this problem:

(from their faq)
How do I preserve modification dates when transferring files?
Choose Transmit → Preferences → Advanced, then click the Advanced Server Settings button. Then, check the Preserve modification dates option next to the server in question.

Let me know if this helps,

Tom

Re: [Tom P] 2.14 Upgrade Issues

By clowden - January 30, 2012

Tom,

I'm sure that will help in the future, but for the immediate problem it does not.

The modified dates have already been changed so I can still not sync the admin folder to do the update.

Any other ideas?

Thank you,

Chris

Re: [clowden] 2.14 Upgrade Issues

By Jason - January 30, 2012

Hi,

To upgrade, it should just be a matter of uploading the 3rdParty and lib folders along with the files found in the cmsAdmin root. This should work regardless of the modified date on your server. Is there a reason why you need to sync the modified dates?

Hope this helps,
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/