Migrating from AM1 to CMSB

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 19, 2012   (RSS)

By matrix - January 13, 2012

I'm sure this must have been asked and answered somewhere, but I can't find it.

Is there a simple way to migrate (upgrade) a site from AM1 to CMSB? We looked at this and it seems like a formidable task...almost a rebuild. Hope I'm wrong.

Specifically:

1. Is there a tool for transferring data from flatfile to MySQL?

2. Is there a clean, easy way to make template modifications from one to the other?

Any help you can give on this subject is warmly welcomed!
:)

Thank you.
Happy Interactive Tools product user since 1999

Re: [matrix] Migrating from AM1 to CMSB

By Jason - January 16, 2012

Hi,

Migrating from AM to CMSB is a 2 stage process:

1) Import data int CMSB sections

2) Integrate CMSB into templates.

We can help you with this through our consulting services. In terms of templates, you have a couple of options. If you like, we can use your current templates and integrate CMS Builder into that, or if you have a new set of templates you'd like to use, we can use those instead.

The time/cost involved in doing this depends on the size and complexity of your site.

If you'd like to send an email to consulting@interactivetools.com we can go over some options with you.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [matrix] Migrating from AM1 to CMSB

By matrix - January 17, 2012

Thank you, Jason.

We did understand those 2 steps. I'm working with another developer who is very comfortable with alternatives to CMSB, and he feels that if we don't have a simple way to migrate from AM1, it would probably be quicker and cleaner to use the CMS he is familiar with. I must say, to my dismay, his argument is convincing and I'll probably give in on this one.

I still swear by Interactive Tools products, but this migration project appears to be really starting from scratch and I may have to concede this one. I had hoped there were tools for this but I guess that was a little unrealistic. Time marches on.

Thank you for your response.

Re: [Jason] Migrating from AM1 to CMSB

By matrix - January 19, 2012

Thank you, Jason.