Account Expires field is not working ??

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 29, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [kovali] Account Expires field is not working ??

By (Deleted User) - December 28, 2011

Hi Kovali,

A quick test to make sure everything is alright would be to create a brand new account and set the expiry to yesterday (for example) and then try logging in.

If it allows you to log in (and you've definitely un-checked "Ignore Account Expiry (account never expires)") then we'll need to take a look at that.

Conversely, if the account does show as expired then it becomes a case of trial and error to find the cause!

Hope this helps,

Tom

Re: [Tom P] Account Expires field is not working ??

By kovali - December 28, 2011

Hi Tom,

Thx for the reply, I did some tests and found out that when I set the expiry to yesterday I get the expired message allright when trying to login into the CMS Admin Login Page, but on the other hand I can still login into the actual website front-end, page: user-login.php, and get access to the membership pages/files... Did I forget something here ?? Is there a way to have the expired message show up on the actual website pages (like in the CMS Login) because that´s what is most important to me now ofcourse.

Thx for your help.

By kovali - December 29, 2011

it looks like the Approved checkbox overrides the Account Expires field...

By kovali - December 29, 2011

Problem solved!

In websiteMembership.php I had to uncomment line 82, like this:

// error checking - logoff expired and disabled users
if (@$user['disabled']) { alert(t("Your account has been disabled.")); }
if (@$user['isExpired']) { alert(t("Your account has expired.")); } // future: maybe we should add an expires url where user gets redirect when their account has expired? For subscription renewal

Now I finaly get the "Your account has expired" message when the expiry date has been reached...

Happy Newyear everyone!

By Jason - December 29, 2011

Hi,

Glad to hear that everything is working correctly now. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/