CMSB Acting Weirdly!

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 27, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [northernpenguin] CMSB Acting Weirdly!

By (Deleted User) - December 27, 2011

Hello northernpenguin,

Could you provide the URL that is being accessed when you get the error (the record num in the top left and nothing else)?

It may also be worth checking to make sure that any changes you made to the Section using the Section Editor did not affect the 'Searching' and 'General:listPage Fields' (for example, if you erased a field and still have it listed as a listPage field or a search field).

Hope this helps,

Tom

Re: [Tom P] CMSB Acting Weirdly!

Since this is all within CMSB, giving you the URI will not help. Also, I have made no changes in 5 days, so that is not the issue.

I tested it out from another computer and everything works, so there must be something wrong on my original machine setup.
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

By Dave - December 27, 2011

A lot of the CMSB forms submit using javascript & ajax, so only a number is sent back. If you are seeing that number on your screen my first guess is that javascript might be turned off on that PC's browser or you might have a security plugin, firewall, etc that is interfering.

Is there anything like that that you can think of?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMSB Acting Weirdly!

Dave: Well, it looks like its definitely not my modem firewall. I thought it might be as I just upgraded modems on 24 Dec.

Its not... my hard wired Mac mini works fine, with the same version of FF (8.0.1). The only difference between both machines is that the mini is running Mac OS X 10.6.3, while my iMac is running 10.7.2

I doubt its the OS, as I have not done any updates in the last 3 - 5 days.

The weird thing is that it affects both FF & Safari on the iMac!

Also, the Cancel in a mult-record table doesn't work either.
--
northernpenguin

........Arthur C. Clarke

Solved it!

My browsers were running an older version (10.x) of Flash plug-in. I installed v11.x and everything now works!

Thanx everyone!
--
northernpenguin

........Arthur C. Clarke