Duplicating records?

16 posts by 7 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 20, 2011   (RSS)

By Jason - February 24, 2011

Hi,

Is this working for you now? Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Duplicating records?

By sublmnl - February 27, 2011 - edited: February 27, 2011

Jason, not sure if you are referring to me in the question, but yes the Save a Copy does work. Thankfully I found the plugin installation instructions. I've had that plugin for a bit just didn't know where to put it and forgot about it.

In order to copy a record - you have to completely fill out your record and save it and in order to actually COPY the record. So essentially you are closing it out and going back to the list page in the CMS, then you click modify on the desired record-to-be-copied, then click Save a Copy.
Or else some funky stuff happens.

Its not like when you are saving a copy of a field in an editor, you can do that without backing out so to say.

Thx!

By s2smedia - December 19, 2011

How do you install this plugin?

Re: [s2smedia] Duplicating records?

By sublmnl - December 19, 2011

It goes in your plugins folder in the cmsAdmin directory on the server. Then log into the general settings / plugins and you have to 'turn it on' by activating it. I do know it only works with certain versions up. Can't remember the number off the top of my head though.
hope that helps

Re: [s2smedia] Duplicating records?

By Jason - December 20, 2011

Hi,

There shouldn't be any CSS files that come with the plugin. You should be able to upload the entire folder to the cmsAdmin/plugins folder, then activate the plugin through CMS Builder.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/