Main Menu Styling

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 7, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [Pixels & Beats] Main Menu Styling

By Jason - December 6, 2011

Hi Paul,

All of the Simpla Admin CSS can be found in cmsAdmin/3rdParty/SimplaAdmin/css. You can edit this at any time.

If you want to make CSS changes that won't be overwritten during an upgrade you can create a custom.css file in the cmsAdmin folder. You can use this file to override any css rules found in the simpla admin css.

If you want to actually incorporate new features into the template, that requires modifying the various PHP files that CMS Builder uses. You can do this if you're comfortable editing these files, but you should make a complete backup first. Also, these changes would all be overwritten during an upgrade.

Which features would you like to add to the templates? We may be able to come up with a plugin solution that can add these features for you and be upgrade friendly.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Main Menu Styling

By gadefgaertgqe - December 7, 2011

Thanks Jason :)

I know the question was very similar to another one I asked a little while back so thanks for your patience ;)

I was just curious if the template would have helped at all. I love the collapsing menus, as I have A LOT of schema sections lol.

I'm going to give it a serious go with pure CSS next year sometime.

Paul

Re: [Pixels & Beats] Main Menu Styling

By Jason - December 7, 2011

Hi Paul,

CMS Builder does allow you to create collapsing menus so you can divide your sections up.

If you go into your section editor and add a section, under "Advanced Menus" select "Menu Group" and give it a name. Once you click save, you'll see this appear as a collapsed menu on the left hand menu bar. Any sections you want to appear under that menu, just drag them under that menu group in the section editor.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/