What is the best web design program to create CMSB sites?

9 posts by 8 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 15, 2012   (RSS)

By (Deleted User) - November 20, 2011

Hi,

After creating a few web sites using CMSB, I was not active for a while. I am ready for some more web sites using CMSB! However, it is a bit cumbersome to use Dreamweaver for the design part of my sites.

I would kindly ask other users and also the kind people at Interactive Tools to suggest the best software to use for CMSB. Idealy, I am looking for a WYSIWYG design software, not just a simple text editor to edit the PHP codes.

I have some great jobs lined up, but I need an easy and quick way to add or design basic pages so that I can later implement CMSB into them.

Re: [RapidWeb] What is the best web design program to create CMSB sites?

By Jason - November 21, 2011

Hi,

I'm not positive if this is what you're looking for, but I found this list:

http://www.cssreflex.com/2010/09/10-great-wysiwyg-html-editors.html/

Hope this helps point you in the right direction.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] What is the best web design program to create CMSB sites?

By (Deleted User) - November 21, 2011

Can you let us know what you guys at Interactive Tools? I am thinking now between NetObjects or XSitePro. Anyone worked with any of these?

By Dave - November 21, 2011

We're programmers, not web designers, so we're probably not the best people to ask as our tools tend to be more programming focused. That said, a lot of us use Komodo and Ultraedit.

I know a lot of web designers use Dreamweaver. Can anyone else jump in and post what you use (even if it's Dreamweaver)? It's been a while since this has come up and I'm curious myself.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [wasatchcars] What is the best web design program to create CMSB sites?

By beckstar - November 22, 2011

I always find DreamWeaver to be a great tool while using CMS Builder. It has many features that allow the work flow to run smoothly.

By rconring - November 23, 2011

I use both Expression Web and Dreamweaver for design work and they both work well with PHP files. As with most WYSIWYG editors, there is a rather steep learning curve and they both have infuriating quirks that I have come to expect and learned to live with. If you are new to design work, you would probably want to start with a pre-designed template from the thousands available across the internet and insert CMSB code to replace static content with dynamic data.

You may want to check out Komposer, a free WYSIWYG editor. http://kompozer.net/
Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

Re: [Dave] What is the best web design program to create CMSB sites?

By InHouse - November 25, 2011

We also use Dreamweaver to manage our site design files. For the most part it works very well with CMSB as the backend system. However, once built, I often find it easier to work with Firebug in a web browser for doing the CSS development and then just copy these changes.

Talking about design tools is a difficult thing though. For some, design begins and ends in Photoshop/Illustrator/Fireworks/The Gimp. Most time spent on "web design" these days is really some form of markup rather than graphic arts. With the advent of improved CSS functions, many things that we used to rely on Photoshop for are now coming into the markup work - which means we can easily use a basic text editor or Firebug.

You will still need some form of graphics package for most projects, but the parts made from there are generally assembled in a text environment. Dreamweaver does a reasonable job of this most of the time, and can really simplify your life if you have dozens of sites to manage for clients. However, if the number of sites is fairly low, you might do well with something like CoffeeCup's HTML editor or even just a text editor and your web browser.

By Toledoh - July 15, 2012

Just came across this and though people may find it useful;

http://tutorialzine.com/2012/07/battle-of-the-tools-which-is-the-best-code-editor/
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)