Linking and redirects

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 23, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [mediaco] Linking and redirects

By Jason - November 18, 2011

Hi,

There really isn't a good way of showing a list of all of the pages that use cms builder. This is because cms builder pages are dynamic, so there are at least as many "pages" as there are records inside CMS Builder. Also, with sections that don't have a detail URL listed in the section editor, the CMS has no way of knowing which page uses this section. If you can give an example of exactly what you need to accomplish, we may be able to suggest a way of doing it.

For your second question, 301 redirects normally don't cause any problems with the CMS, so you should be fine there.

Please let us know if you run into any issues or have any other questions.

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Linking and redirects

I suppose it's not so much a list of pages I want.

Scenario is... User is inputting text in the CMS, they would like some selected words to link to another page in the site. They highlight the selected wording and select insert/edit link... from there can they be offered the chance to browse the site to link to a page? Even if I have to specify what sections (table names) they are allowed to use.

Re: [mediaco] Linking and redirects

By Jason - November 23, 2011

Hi,

Okay, I think I see where you're going with this.

In order to do this, we would have to do some pretty heavy customizations to the wysiwyg editor, which is actually a 3rd Party Script (tiny mce). Since it is a 3rd Party Script, I'm not positive how much customization is possible.

If you'd like us to look into this further, please send an email to consulting@interactivetools.com and we can go over some options.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/