Moved website to managed server - now have error!

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 12, 2012   (RSS)

By nmsinc - November 15, 2011

I receive the following error when I moved site to a new server!

Couldn't start session! 'session_start(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_cr0r14m9tpev480mc3bfmjsc27, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)'! Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_cr0r14m9tpev480mc3bfmjsc27, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session) in Unknown on line 0

Any thoughts?????
nmsinc

Re: [nmsinc] Moved website to managed server - now have error!

By Jason - November 16, 2011

Hi,

It looks like you don't have file permissions for the default folder where the server is storing session files. One solution would be to create your own folder with proper permissions and then set that to the default sessions folder inside General Settings -> session.savepath. I am assuming, however, that you are not able to log into CMS builder because of this error. In which case, you need to contact your host and let them know that there is a problem with file permissions on the sessions folder (/var/lib/php/session).

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Moved website to managed server - now have error!

By s2smedia - July 12, 2012

Having same issue.. client is on a godaddy hosting.. After 3 calls with godaddy they were absolutely NO HELP.. keep saying well its a scripting issue we can help.

how do i fix this??

Re: [s2smedia] Moved website to managed server - now have error!

By Jason - July 12, 2012

Hi,

This is certainly not a scripting issue. One way to demonstrate this to a host is to have a test file that contains only 1 line of PHP.

Create a file called sessionTest.php. Inside that file, put in this code:

<?php
session_start();
?>

You don't need anything else. Upload this file to your site. If its a hosting problem, when you go to that page, you should receive an error. If so, forward this page along to your host and have them correct the error. session_start(); is a standard PHP function, so it can't be blamed on 3rd Party Software.

Hope this helps
interactivetools.com

Re: [Jason] Moved website to managed server - now have error!

By s2smedia - July 12, 2012

I agree with you...

what exactly do I have to tell them they need to fix?

Re: [s2smedia] Moved website to managed server - now have error!

By Jason - July 12, 2012

They need to change the session.savepath settings so that the error they see when they go to your test page goes away. They should be able to figure out a solution from the error message.

Hope this helps
interactivetools.com