Integrating control panel into website design

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 10, 2011   (RSS)

By willydoit - November 8, 2011

While we are aware of how straight forward it is to bring content created in CMSB into website page templates, is it also possible to take the control area where users log in to edit their listings etc and also incorporate this into a page designed around a website so that the control panel pages have the same page colour schemes and layouts as the owners website in order to create a universal feel passing from the website itself into the CMSB control panel rather than using the default CMSB admin pages.

As I havent seen it referred to anywhere I suspect not but would hate to not take advantage of the facility if it exists.

Thanks for any info provided on this

Re: [willydoit] Integrating control panel into website design

By Jason - November 8, 2011

Hi,

Sure, you can edit CMS Builders CSS by going to
cmsAdmin/3rdParty/SimplaAdmin/css

There you'll find the CSS files that control CMS Builder's layout. It is important to note that any custom changes made to these files would be overwritten when upgrading your CMS, so you should always make a backup before upgrading.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Dave - November 8, 2011

Hi willydoit,

The simplest and quickest changes you can make to create a consistent feel is to add the clients logo to the CMS and their color scheme under:
Admin > General > Header Image URL
Admin > General > Color / Theme

Next, any custom CSS changes you can add to cmsAdmin/custom.css (see custom.css.readme for details) and they will still allow you to upgrade as that file doesn't get overwritten.

Adding some common color and logo elements to the CMS will make it seem part of the same integrated system. Beyond that, some people have extensively modified the backend admin to look differently, but personally I like having the content and design separate much in way that HTML and CSS keep the content and styling separate. There are some pros and cons to each approach.

Hope that helps, let me know any questions.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Jason - November 10, 2011

Hi,

Yes, the CSS values you put in custom.css would override the CSS files from other folders.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/