Multiple Sites

7 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 27, 2011   (RSS)

By richb - May 27, 2009

Is it possible to support multiple websites with single CMS? Webiste are hosted on different locations as CMS.

For example, www.main.com (where CMS is loaded)
Would like www.site1.com/file1.php (different server; different IP) to access. Also have www.site2.com/file2.php (yet another server; different IP)

I'm hoping I do not have to purchase a new license for each site (www.site1.com and www.site2.com)

richb.

Re: [richb] Multiple Sites

By Kenny - May 27, 2009

Rich,

On a same server setup, it is possible. It is not possible to use the program across different servers. Therefore, a new license for each site would be required.

With some creative programming, you could produce RSS Feeds, but even that is limited.

Kenny

By Dave - June 1, 2009

Hi richb,

I'll add that the only exception to this is if you have two websites that are basically the same content but with different designs. Licensing wise you need one license for each "website", but I know people sometimes duplicate websites for marketing purposes. So if you have a website that uses multiple domains you can always check with us and sometimes we'll make an exception. If we do you can just keep that email as proof that it's allowed in that case and you don't need another license.

For general purposes, though, you do need a license for each new site.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Multiple Sites

By richb - June 1, 2009

Thx Dave.

I host multiple sites and each site has similar topics, About, Contact Us, Services and Pricing. However, purchasing a new license for just a couple entries is not cost effective. I was hoping to use my central site for my customers with couple entries for each.

richb.

By ross - June 4, 2009

Hi.

Why don't you send us an email (sales@interactivetools.com) with more of a breakdown on how things need to be setup and we'll see what options there are going to be. There are always the volume discounts to keep in mind :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Dave] Multiple Sites

By s2smedia - October 25, 2011

This is great news!!

I need to do the same... I have a website for animal hospital that has multiple locations.. each location has a website.
The websites are identical.. just pulling in content based on the location.

Right now I have 4 folders on my server for each location.

would I place cms in each folder? I want to avoid having to update content in 4 seperate cMS's

ex..
http://test.rbvhlinwood.com/RBVH_CherryHill
http://test.rbvhlinwood.com/RBVH_Linwood

how do I set this up?