CSV Import: not all lines of CSV are imported

By maister - September 28, 2011 - edited: September 28, 2011

Hi,

I've a Excel list that was saved as CSV file. I'm using the CSV import plugin (v.1.03) to import the data into a Table into CMSB (v.2.12). I use the import plugin as follows:
1. Select the CSV file // File format: CSV (German) + select the Target Table which gives me a correct Live Preview (I supose it's normal that not all the lines are previewed).
2. Clicking 'Analyse Data' gives me a correct analyse (status: Done!, Total Records: 150, Total Columns: 8 => correct)
3. I 'choose options': wipe database // start numbering at record 1 // and I Map the fields. I still have a correct Live Preview (again, not all the lines of the CSV are shown, only 11).
4. Than I 'Validate Data' with a Status: Done!
5. Finally I 'Import Data' with result that not all the lines of the CSV are imported ...

I need to import a CSV with 45.000 lines, but I test with 150 lines.
Sometimes the import gives me 18 lines into the table, sometimes 24, ...

I've allready eliminated all empty fields in my test CSV. The table were I need to import in is very basic (all text fields with no Input Validation, ...)

What is going wrong???
Regards, Kristof

Re: [kristof] CSV Import: not all lines of CSV are imported

By Jason - September 29, 2011

Hi,

So each time you import a CSV of 150 records, you get a different number of records actually imported into your section? Is it different each time? Do you get the same results if you try a different CSV file?

Let us know and we can look into this further.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/