Include/create hyperlinks from a report query

Re: [MickC] Include/create hyperlinks from a report query

By Jason - September 16, 2011

Hi,

If you go into the plugins folder for report builder and open reportBuilder.php, the HTML that displays the actual report is created in a function called _reportBuilder_displayReport().

It is important to note that unless you put in some conditional statements, any changes you make here will display in ALL reports you create.

Hope this helps get you started.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Include/create hyperlinks from a report query

By MickC - September 18, 2011

Thanks Jason,

I have had a go, but cant quite figure out what to change.

All our records have a unique field called "stock_number"
I want users to run any report, which will have a list of units, with stock numbers as part of the report.

But, i want this field in the report,or a button next to the row, that editors can click on to take them straight into the edit page for that record. (otherwise they have to run the report, write the stock numbers down and go back to the listing to edit them.

so for example, i have a report that lists units that are on hire. - in the stock number field, instead of a text sating "U20013" i want this to be a link to " /admin.php?menu=listings&action=edit&num=" then the listing number.

Or a button next to it.

Re: [MickC] Include/create hyperlinks from a report query

By Jason - September 19, 2011

Hi,

Are all of your reports going to be coming from the same section? If not, the trick here will be to get the tableName that this report is being run from.

If you'd like us to customize this plugin to do this for you, please email consulting@interactivetools.com to go over some options.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/