URGENT - saving my account changes user password with no password input

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 26, 2011   (RSS)

By 4cdg - August 26, 2011

we have set up a new cms at www.stoddardmls.com, in the back door we have a “my account” button that allows everyone to edit their phone number, customize their page etc BUT at the bottom of the page is three lines

old password
new password
retype new password

when our clients leave all these blank and save...........IT CHANGES THEIR PASSWORD AUTOMATICALLY TO NO CHARACTERS

We have edited password field so it doesn’t show in my account screen and is editable by admin only. Still if a user logs in and saves their my account (with no fields to even change password) it changes password from whatever it is to no characters, logs them out and lets them login with no password input.

This is happening acrosss multiple cms installations and seems to have potential to cause major issues.

I have NEVER seen a way to change your new password without typing in your old password but this software allows it so HELP all of our clients are getting their password change to no characters cause they are not filling in any of these 3 lines!

Re: [robin] URGENT - saving my account changes user password with no password input

By 4cdg - August 26, 2011

Thank you

Re: [robin] URGENT - saving my account changes user password with no password input

By robin - August 26, 2011

Hey,

CMS Builder 2.12 has been released:
http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=89788

Thanks,
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com