dragSortOrder conflict in articles lists

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 8, 2011   (RSS)

By ispro - May 25, 2011

Hi:

I have shamelessly reused some of the best ideas in the forum to create a generic Article Manager in which an Article section holds an article that is linked to a Category. When looking at the Articles section editor, the fields are listed in the following order: dragSortOrder, category, title. However, I'd like the dragSortOrder to be efffective within the context of a single category, but changing the field order to category, dragSortOrder, title does not work. I really like the generic article implementation (remember Article Manager...), and don't want to go back to hard-coded sections for everything. Any ideas?

Re: [ispro] dragSortOrder conflict in articles lists

By robin - May 26, 2011

Hey,

Have you tried using a "category menu" section? You can choose one from the "advanced menus" menu when you add a new section. That will let you order articles within a parent category.

Hope that helps.
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com

Re: [robin] dragSortOrder conflict in articles lists

By ispro - August 4, 2011

I have used a Category Menu to create the general article hierarchy, which gets translated into a navigation menu. When a new Article is created, the relevant category is selected from a pull-down list, but there is nothing to indicate the relative position or order of the article within the category. My Articles section list consists of a list of articles and their categories; if I add dragSortOrder, the actual order of the artcles as seen on the site does not reflect the order in the Articles maintenance list..