Disabling the upload temp folder function

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 7, 2011   (RSS)

By rishi_143 - June 7, 2011

Hi,
I was wondering if I could disable the upload_tmp_dir check in uploadForm_functions.php, since everytime I try to upload a file or image etc... I get the following error:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\php\upload) is not within the allowed path(s): (e:\webspace\hostmaster\PATHWITHHELD) in E:\webspace\hostmaster\PATHWITHHELD\www\cmsAdmin\lib\menus\default\uploadForm_functions.php on line 36 Temp Upload dir 'C:\php\upload' does't exist! Ask server admin to check 'upload_tmp_dir' setting in php.ini.
PHP Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\php\upload) is not within the allowed path(s): (e:\webspace\hostmaster\PATHWITHHELD) in E:\webspace\hostmaster\PATHWITHHELD\www\cmsAdmin\lib\menus\default\uploadForm_functions.php on line 36
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried to ask the hosting company to do the needful but they are not behaving very cooperative, so if I could just directly dump the images without it having to go to any tmp folder or hardcode the path of the temp instead of getting it from php.ini I guess my problem would be solved...

Thanx once again for all the help I hv recieved earlier and in advance for this one.

Re: [rishi_143] Disabling the upload temp folder function

By rishi_143 - June 7, 2011

Well I did try to bypass the upload_tmp_dir check in the uploadForm_functions.php...
Now it uploading fine and displaying images aswell, BUT the images dont get resized nor are thumbs created [:(]

Help!!!

Re: [rishi_143] Disabling the upload temp folder function

By Jason - June 7, 2011

Hi,

It seems like your host has disabled the is_dir() function for some reason. This is a pretty common function, so the best solution would be for them to enable it.

In order for CMS Builder to do it's re-sizing, it first needs to store a temporary copy of the image that it then uses to create its thumbnails.

If your host is unwilling to do this, you may want to consider moving hosts.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/