Two sections on same page referencing same section editor

14 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 25, 2011   (RSS)

By (Deleted User) - March 8, 2010

Try adding this to force it to always show the first page of results and ignore the page=# in the url:

'pageNum' => 1,

I am assuming you mean that this should be added to the include. Unfortunately this does not change the behavior.

The 'where' actually part of a MySQL query. CMSB is pretty lightweight, instead of teaching you a made-up system much of this is straight PHP and MySQL that you are learning! Which is great because that means you'll be able to use that knowledge in many other places as well.

Yeah this is part of the plan. I like to actually learn by doing and learning PHP and MySQL this way works for me.

Re: [Theo] Two sections on same page referencing same section editor

By (Deleted User) - March 8, 2010 - edited: March 8, 2010

(The reason I'm pretty sure this is the problem: when you go to page 2, your headlines sidebar changes as well...)

You are right. You are right. You are right.

It seems that I was saving the copy locally instead of to the site. Probably because the last place i saved those two particular files was locally in order to upload them to you.

Excellent work all. Thank you.

Re: [cohagan] Two sections on same page referencing same section editor

By sublmnl - March 10, 2010 - edited: March 10, 2010

Thanks IT team.
I was just looking for something similar.
Found it.

In our client's site we have a footer that list 3 of the upcoming events.
of course its a PHP include but I thought about exactly his issue right when I got started on putting the code above the head on the events page itself..... a place where I want all events!
thinking.... It will overwrite eachother - doh?!

I renamed the the records above the head like Theo said and placed the output in the footer php include and works! Thanks again fellas.