Add a related child record from the parent edit form.

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 6, 2011   (RSS)

By rconring - May 6, 2011

I just noticed that I cannot add a related record from the parent edit form. I can only modify or erase a related record! Am I missing something?

I have a donor list and related donations for each. I can add the donation record from the donations list, but need to be able to add it from the donor record since I need to reference various data in the parent record to make sure I have the correct "John Smith". Looking up John from a dropdown list on the donation form does not tell me if I have the correct person. The way I have always handled this situation is to add various related data from the parent form since the related field can be inherited from the parent.

If it is not something simple I am missing, what would it take to achieve that functionality?
Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

Re: [rconring] Add a related child record from the parent edit form.

By Jason - May 6, 2011

Hi,

Currently there isn't a way to auto-populate fields in a related record. What we can do is add extra information to your drop down list in your child section to make it easier to make sure you have the correct person.

If you can let me know which fields you currently use for your drop down value and label and what extra fields you'd like to see in your drop down, I can give you some instructions on how to set that up.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/