Website Membership Plugin Query

By Oakweb - April 7, 2011

Hi

I have been using CMS Builder for some time but have not yet tried any of the plugins.

I have a client who is an architect who wants to have a client login section on his site so that individual clients will login and be able to see their own files (pdf) that he will have uploaded.

My question is. Will the Website Membership Plugin allow my client to set up user accounts for his clients to let them login and see their own content - that would be different content for each different user as no two will be the same. And are there instructions with the plugin that will help me to to this without to much of a problem as I'm not much of a programmer.

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance.

Paul

Re: [Oakweb] Website Membership Plugin Query

By Jason - April 7, 2011

Hi Paul,

It sounds like the website membership plugin will be what you're looking for.

The plugin ships with some sample pages for users to create an account, edit their profile, login, and a password reminder page.

The plugin also makes it easy to check on any page whether the person viewing the page is logged in or not.

The sample pages would probably be enough to get you started. If you have any additional questions or if you run into any problems, just let us know.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Website Membership Plugin Query

By NigelGordijk - April 20, 2011

Hi, Jason.

I'll be using the Website Membership plug-in on a client's site in a couple of months. I'm still at the design visual stage, so I was wondering if membership pages - including the login pages - can be completely customized, in terms of the look and feel? I.e. will the membership section look like the generic CMSB pages, or can they be designed to look like the rest of the site?

Thanks,
Nigel Gordijk

Common Sense Design: User-focused Web design
Tel: 001 519 342 5348 | Web: www.commonsensedesign.net

Re: [NigelGordijk] Website Membership Plugin Query

By Jason - April 20, 2011

Hi Nigel,

The sample pages that come with the plugin can be completely customized. When you get them, they'll just be simple white background pages, but you can add in whatever you want to them.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Website Membership Plugin Query

By NigelGordijk - April 20, 2011

Great - that's exactly what I was hoping for!

Thanks, Jason.
Nigel Gordijk

Common Sense Design: User-focused Web design
Tel: 001 519 342 5348 | Web: www.commonsensedesign.net