CMSB resizing thumbs in admin list view

5 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 24, 2011   (RSS)

By Deborah - April 19, 2011

I am seeing a change in v 2.07 as regards the display of the image thumbnails when viewing a list of records in the admin. In versions prior to 2.07 the field editor would display the image on the editor list at whatever size I indicated in the field editor for 'thumb'. Now it seems that all images are resized by CMSB to display at a maximum of 50 pixels wide.

I would like to either change the default maximum size or disable the resizing altogether. For many installations clients would like to view the image on the list page at a larger size without having to click.

Can this be done? Thanks in advance for any help.

~ Deborah

Re: [robin] CMSB resizing thumbs in admin list view

By andybarn - May 23, 2011

Hi Robin

I have a similar issue. I am happy to change the code, could you let me know what to change please

Thanks
Andy

Re: [andybarn] CMSB resizing thumbs in admin list view

By Damon - May 24, 2011

Hi Andy,

To change the default thumbnail size, when viewing a list of records involves modifying come CMS Builder code .

The file you want to modify is list_functions.php. At: /cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/list_functions.php

Make a backup of that file first, just in case.

At (or around) line 533 there is the line:
showUploadPreview($upload, 50);

You can change the 50 to be another number, or to have it show the thumbnails actual size replace the line with this:
showUploadPreview($upload, $upload['thumbWidth']);

Note:
Any change to CMS Builder code will be overwritten in an upgrade so it is a good idea to create a custom code change text log so that you can make these changes again in the future if needed.
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] CMSB resizing thumbs in admin list view

By andybarn - May 24, 2011

Hi Damon

Thanks for that - if I want to change the height as well, could you tell me where/how I do that also.

Thanks again
Andy