Stumped - trying to automate accordion sitemap referencing tabbed multi-listings from other pages

17 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 25, 2011   (RSS)

By meg - April 13, 2011

Ok, maybe I'm being ambitious here.

Through your wonderful assistance months back, you helped me automate tabbed navigation using an accordion script, connected to multi-listings in the CMS. It works well!

Now, I'm trying to use the same accordion menu in the sitemap, referencing the title and links to these multi-listings from other pages.

My problems:

Accordion not working properly.
I believe it's my own mark-up issue, so I'm looking into it now. I initially brought over my accordion menu with record names from each multi-listing page. I disabled the tabbed class from each menu item, so the accordion function properly works. (Otherwise, that class will look for the tabbed content and won't display the sub-accordion tiers.)

**How do I reference and automate the direct links to each of these menu items?

An example of how this tabbed script works via direct links is: program.php?slider3=2

The tabs in the accordion menu reference the content in sequential order. (ie. the part "=2"). I need to somehow automate this number to correlate to the appropriate tab, but the conundrum is that the order of the tabs on each page have the ability to change, thus changing the sequential order number associated with the tabbed content.

I was looking into the record numbers, but they seem to correlate with the date the entry was updated, not to the sequential order of the entry. Anything I could use from the PHPadmin?

Any thoughts? I'm stumped.

Resolving this particular issue will also resolve my automation with breadcrumbs and glitches I have with my search engine. Please let me know.

Re: [meg] Stumped - trying to automate accordion sitemap referencing tabbed multi-listings from other pages

By meg - April 14, 2011

Revision - ok. This will solve all my problems if you can help me. The most simplest way to describe my general problem.

Is there a numeric value associated with the sequential order of an individual listing in a group of multi-listings?

Re: [meg] Stumped - trying to automate accordion sitemap referencing tabbed multi-listings from other pages

Hi Meg,

If I understand what you're asking, there's a record number which can be displayed with <?php echo $record['num'] ?> in your foreach loop, or are you asking something else?

Does that help?

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Stumped - trying to automate accordion sitemap referencing tabbed multi-listings from other pages

By meg - April 14, 2011

That's what I originally thought, but when I plug in:

<?php echo $record['num'] ?>

it references the entries sequentially but when they were last updated - not how it appears sequentially on the page and in the CMS multi-listing.

Hi Meg,

Sound like it might be a a "sorting" issue but I'm not sure exactly how to solve it in your situation.

I know you can sort data in different ways in different sections of a page using a mysql orderBy.

Do a search for orderBy on the forum, there are lots of posts covering the topic.

Hope they help,

Jerry Kornbluth

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Stumped - trying to automate accordion sitemap referencing tabbed multi-listings from other pages

By meg - April 14, 2011

Yes, it does seem like a sorting issue. I think you're right. What value for Orderby would prompt a sequential order as it appears in the CMS?

not sure...

search orderBy

Re: [robin] Stumped - trying to automate accordion sitemap referencing tabbed multi-listings from other pages

By meg - April 20, 2011

That didn't work either. Essentially,

<?php echo $record['num'] ?>

works to generate the number I need to complete the automated link. However, the number generated is based on order the entry was created. I believe I can change this in the ADMIN > SECTION EDITORS > (multi-listing name) > SORTING. Order By is currently "dragSortOrder DESC" which is generating a number based on the sequential order of newest generated entry. I need this to reflect the exact order as it appears in the list in the CMS. What value should I change this Order By field to achieve this sequential value?

By robin - April 21, 2011

Hey Meg,

Could you post the load records code you're using on your list page? That might give me a better idea of what's going on.

Thanks,
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com