Upgrading from artman2 to CMS

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 8, 2011   (RSS)

By svsanchez - April 8, 2011

Hello everybody

I have been using artman for about 5 years, I started with artman1 then upgraded to artman2 without any problems. Now I would like to know if upgrading to CMS is a good choice for me, but I just asked Interactivetools people about upgrading a little site that I run from artman1 to CMS and they pretend to charge $1,500 to $3,000 which is totally ridiculous. Can anyone tell me how they upgraded to CMS from artman2 and if you are happy with the upgrade, and also if there was some cost associated with it (besides paying for the software of course).

Thank you
Sven Sanchez

www.deguate.com

Re: [svsanchez] Upgrading from artman2 to CMS

By Dave - April 8, 2011

Hi svsanchez,

CMS Builder is a totally different program than Artman so it's basically like starting from scratch when creating the templates, etc.

The costs and time would probably be similar if we were moving you from a completely different CMS (WP, Joomla, etc).

Another way to do it would be to start with a small section powered by CMSB and slowly convert more one at a time. You could do it yourself and it would take some time, but probably less time than it took to setup the initial site.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com