code generator pagination

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 4, 2011   (RSS)

By rez - April 1, 2011

when using the pagination, the "back to list" on a details page is taking me back to page one. If I'm on page 5 this is not convenient. How can i make the link go back to the page that the record I am viewing details about was on instead of the beginning?

thanks.

Re: [rez] code generator pagination

By zip222 - April 2, 2011

Try replacing the default back to list url that the CMS gives you with the javascript below - this will take the user back one page in their history...

<a href="javascript:history.go(-1)">Back</a>

Re: [rez] code generator pagination

By zip222 - April 3, 2011

If you can list out the various situations and your preferred behavior for the "back" button for each situation I can probably help you with the code to do it.

Re: [zip222] code generator pagination

By rez - April 4, 2011 - edited: April 4, 2011

Thanks.

1. Coming from the home page, I believe the current default, back to the beginning link from the details page would be best (pagination page 1).

2. Coming from any paginated headline page, i would like the return link on the details to go back to that paginated page that they were on.

I will also be putting headlines on various pages throughout the site. Currently, I am thinking all those details pages can simply point back to page 1 of the paginated pages which is the newest news (just like the home page situation- #1). Then a visitor can start reading news and be returned to each paginated page they came from (#2).

Make sense?