Preview Button Warning: /init.php on line 356 Couldn't start session!

13 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 28, 2011   (RSS)

By sidcam - February 8, 2011

Just upgraded to 2.07. When I click on the preview button within a record, it opens up a new window but gives me the following warning...

Warning: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /<filepath>/lib/init.php on line 356 Couldn't start session! 'A session had already been started - ignoring session_start()'!

Just went through the upgrade a second time and I still get the error.

Re: [sidcam] Preview Button Warning: /init.php on line 356 Couldn't start session!

By Djulia - February 8, 2011

Hi,

Yes, that occurs if you activated the plugin Website membership.
Can You try to
[font "Times New Roman"]deactivate it to check ?

Djulia

Re: [Djulia] Preview Button Warning: /init.php on line 356 Couldn't start session!

I have no plug in currently installed BUT I do intend to buy that one in the next few days. Is there someplace in the admin for controlling plug ins?

Sid

Re: [Djulia] Preview Button Warning: /init.php on line 356 Couldn't start session!

By Damon - February 8, 2011

Hi,

I haven't been able to recreate that error.

Installed CMS Builder 2.07, activated the Membership plugin, then previewed a record but no error message.

Is there an additional steps I can try?
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [sidcam] Preview Button Warning: /init.php on line 356 Couldn't start session!

By Damon - February 8, 2011

Hi Sid,

You can turn plugins on and off here in CMS Builder:
Admin > Plugins

If you can send in your site details (CMS login and FTP) in a support request, I can take a look to see what the issue might be:
https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php?priority=free

Note: don't post your site details here in the forum.

Thanks!
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] Preview Button Warning: /init.php on line 356 Couldn't start session!

I'm moving from shared to VPS hosting later this week. If it still has this problem after the move, I'll fill out the ticket.

Thanks

Sid

Re: [Damon] Preview Button Warning: /init.php on line 356 Couldn't start session!

By Djulia - February 24, 2011 - edited: February 24, 2011

Hi,

Sorry for being late !

I found the origin of my problem. Also, that functions correctly. :)

But, I do not manage to find the origin of an error which the server records on certain installation of cmsB.

Undefined index: hasEditorAccess in ../lib/common.php on line 1187.

I do not have this error message if I am connected as administrator.

Do You have an idea ?

Thanks !

Djulia

By Dave - February 25, 2011

Hi Djulia,

I had a look through the code and couldn't see anything obvious that could cause that. Are you on 2.07? Could you make sure you uploaded all the /lib/ files?

If it still occurs after that send me the steps to reproduce and I'll track it down. Thanks.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Preview Button Warning: /init.php on line 356 Couldn't start session!

By Djulia - February 25, 2011 - edited: February 25, 2011

Hi,

I perhaps found the origin.

I succeeded in reproducing the error, if I am connected as editor or author, and that a field is indicated as Admin Only.

Can You test ?

Thanks !

Djulia