Sharing content

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 3, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [socanews] Sharing content

By Chris - December 30, 2010

Hi Joseph,

Yes, that's entirely possible. The trick is simply to figure out the path to your viewer_functions.php. You may want to use an absolute path. Try just adding "/viewer_functions.php" to the end of your Program Directory (CMS Builder > Admin > General Settings > "Directories & URLs" > "Program Directory").

Note that you'll need one license of CMS Builder per website.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Sharing content

By Joseph - December 30, 2010

Hi Chris

I have one copy of CMSB installed on my main site i only want to take some of the information from the main site and output to other sites that way i am only updating one CMSB will i still need licenses for each site?

Joseph

By northernpenguin - December 31, 2010

Chris: would it not be more accurate to say "One license per domain"?
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

Re: [northernpenguin] Sharing content

By Chris - January 3, 2011 - edited: January 3, 2011

Hi northernpenguin,

Our [url http://www.interactivetools.com/about/popup_license_agreement.html]License Agreement[/url] (also available at /cmsAdmin/admin.php?menu=license) says website, not domain. We can grant individual exceptions, of course — if you think that having to buy multiple licenses for your usage of our software wouldn't be fair, please contact us at support@interactivetools.com and we can sort something out.
All the best,
Chris

By Chris - January 3, 2011 - edited: January 3, 2011

Hi Joseph,

Please contact us at support@interactivetools.com and tell us how your sites are related, if they're branded differently, what domains you'll be using, and how your content will be shared between them. Someone who knows a lot more about our licensing policy than me will be able to answer your question better than I. :)
All the best,
Chris

By northernpenguin - January 3, 2011

Chris: I must have missed that, but since all my websites are 1 per domain, it's really a moot point for me. But it's good to know, so that I don't make that mistake.

Thanx!
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke