Website Saved Searches Questions

By gkornbluth - December 9, 2010

Hi All,

While implementing the Website Saved Searches plugin I noticed that although the jQuery script called in the plugin was version 1.3.2, the jQuery script included with CMSB V2.06 is version 1.4.1.

For now I manually adjust the code so that the versions matched.

Is there any way to adjust the code to make this an automatic process so the latest versions would always be called?

Or maybe you could leave the version numbers off the script file name in both places (it's already embedded in the jQuery code) so that the file names always matched in future CMSB and plugin updates?

Also,

The current plugin scripts are designed to ask the user to input a name for the entry before saving it.

Since I’m using this on an existing detail page, would it be possible to automatically use the text from an existing field instead of requiring users to type an entry.

Even better, would it be possible to pre-populate the entry form from the existing field, so that the user could have the choice of using the "name" as is, or of modifying it before saving?

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Website Saved Searches Questions

By Jason - December 13, 2010

Hi Jerry,

You bring up a good point about the jQuery versions. Since this code is not automatically generated, there isn't a way to automate this change depending on the current version. We can add a note to the plugin readme alerting people to check their version of jQuery.

As for adding default text to the prompt, we can do that with some custom programming. Depending on exactly what you wanted to do, we would have to customize both the .php and .js files. If you're interested in doing this, please send an email to consulting@interactivetools.com

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Website Saved Searches Questions

By gkornbluth - December 13, 2010

Hi Jason,

As far as a note about the jQquery version goes, I can see where this could become a complex issue as more and more plugins require jQuery. Not an elegant situation.

Regarding pre-filling the "name" field, I didn't have a specific need in mind but was trying to think of generic ways to make the plugin more useful.

My thought was for the designer to have the option of specifying a text field in the existing record to pull the "name" text from by entering the field name into a variable in the plugin.

If a field was specified, the "saved searches" form would behave similarly to the way fields are pre-filled in the web site membership plugin "sample_profile" form, and a user can revise the information if desired, and then submit the request.

If there was no field name specified, the field did not exist, or there was no data in the field, the plugin would revert to asking for a name as it does now.

Hope that makes sense,

Jerry
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php