Google Maps integration via jQuery

By gadefgaertgqe - November 23, 2010 - edited: November 23, 2010

Well I tried everything but no luck.

I removed any PHP just in case and worked with the rendered PHP output.

I checked for any odd formatting or characters in the pre-rendered PHP output of which I found none.

I tried each marker info on it's own, and discovered that the first one is always ignored but again I have no idea why. So I worked round that with dummy marker info at the start. Everything checked out fine.

I also modded the gMap javascript so that there was a delay in processing each marker. That did nothing other than make me wait longer for the test to run lol. I'll say that my javascript knowledge is poor so I was shooting blind.

I ran the gMap script though all versions of jQuery from 1.3 through to 1.4.4, all of which gave me the same fail result.

A search on google for the same problem produced no results.

All I can think of is that somehow the javascript loop that places the markers seems to be out of sync. This would explain why:

A: Markers are random
B: The number of markers shown is roughly the same but does vary. In my case the number of markers is generally no more than 19 (although once it did show a few more). Sometimes it can be as little as 9. It should show 57.

Is it even possible for java to be 'out of sync'?

This is an area I will explore tomorrow.

I also looked for other scripts to do what we need, and to be honest we choose gMap for good reason ;) Looks like I may have to get my hands dirty with the Google Maps V3 API . . . which I loath! lol.

Paul

Re: [chris] Google Maps integration via jQuery

Chris - you're a champion! Thanks!
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
WoW! You are like the Cavalry charging in just when we thought it was all over ;)

I am waiting to go ahead with my first stage of the go live on the website so this is fantastic news. I'll stay tuned!

Paul

Re: [Pixels & Beats] Google Maps integration via jQuery

I really don't want to sound like I am hounding you Chris . . . . . . but any idea when the plugin may be released? [;)]

I am happy to beta test. Especially when my MD is asking when the site is going live lol.

Kind Regards

Paul

Re: [Pixels & Beats] Google Maps integration via jQuery

Hi Chris,

You are right... changing the fields to lat/long works a treat!
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Chris - November 29, 2010

Hi folks,

We've just released our Geocoder plugin, which has been in development for a while now! It'll automatically get lat/lng coordinates for you.

More information on the plugin is available here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=84902

Please let me know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Google Maps integration via jQuery

Sold!

Thanks Chris :)