Newsletter

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 15, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [kcmedia] Newsletter

By zip222 - November 14, 2010

There are a lot of email newsletter systems. my favorite is campaign monitor. you can use cms builder to let your client build the newsletter and then it can be very easily imported into campaign monitor for delivery. you also get access to great reports and subscriber management tools.

note:
- there is a per newsletter delivery fee with campaign monitor
- coding for emails is quite a bit different than coding for browsers. what works in a browser won't necessarily work in an email application
- you will need to include an unsubscribe link in order to use CM or anything else like it - spam requirements.

http://www.campaignmonitor.com

other options:
constant contact
mailchimp

Re: [zip222] Newsletter

By KCMedia - November 14, 2010

Thanks for that but the shopping cart system already has an email program built into it, all i need to do is get the content form the website into the email newsletter, i think i might have worked it all out though.

thanks

Craig
Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz

Re: [kcmedia] Newsletter

By Chris - November 15, 2010

Hi Craig,

Glad to hear things are going well. Please let us know how you get everything working, or if you have any questions! :)
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Newsletter

By KCMedia - November 15, 2010

Hi Chris

well what i worked out is that if i hard code the url for all links inside the enews page with the full url of the site and then also include the css style sheet inside the body of the page once the page has been created and you go and view the source code of the webpage and then copy that whole code into the newletter system of the shopping cart system we where able to send the whole page as a html email along with all the links and tracking info.

It took me a little time to work out the styling but it works great.

thanks

Craig
Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz