Multiple lists

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 9, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [Oakweb] Multiple lists

By Jason - November 8, 2010

Hi,

You can easily get each label on a separate line by replacing the comma with a break like this:

<?php echo join('<br/>', getListLabels('doors', 'sizes', $doorsRecord['sizes'])); ?>

As for the second part of your question, where is the pricing information for each size stored? Let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Multiple lists

By Oakweb - November 9, 2010

Thanks jason, that's great.

The pricing information isn't stored anywhere yet - I haven't got that far.

I'll try and explain what I'm tring to do. I have a Section Editor created for Traditional oak doors which are available in a number of sizes and prices. I want the client to be able to add a door style and at the same time select the relevant sizes and then select or enter the price which goes with each specfic size.

I will also have similar section editors for different types of doors - mahogany, teak etc etc all with the same type of info.

I will also need to be able to perform a function accross all these editors that will allow a customer to search by size - so they select a size (say 78x24"x35mm) and it will then display a page that shows all of the doors of that size from accross the range of oak, mahogany, teak etc.[/#000000]

Hope that makes sense and thanks for your help.[/#000000]

Paul[/#000000]

Re: [Oakweb] Multiple lists

By Jason - November 9, 2010

Hi Paul,

I think I see what you're saying. Once you have a field for price, I can help you get that value into your string.

Another tip would be to use only 1 section editor for doors. You could store all doors in there and then have a drop down where you can specify if a particular door is oak, mahogany, teak, etc. This would simply searching as you would only have to search one section instead of several.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/