Login Page

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 28, 2010   (RSS)

By 4cdg - October 25, 2010

When you login to a cms builder, it defaults to a page that says

Welcome to CMS Builder 2.06

please select and option from the menu.

Is it possible skip this page entirely and have it log directly into a section?

Re: [4cdg] Login Page

By Chris - October 25, 2010 - edited: October 25, 2010

Hi 4cdg,

This is possible with a ~5 line plugin. Rather than posting another tiny plugin in the forum, I've combined the functionality you're after with two other tiny home-related plugins I've written previously and have posted it here:

[url http://interactivetools.com/add-ons/detail.php?Modify-Homepage-1028]Modify Homepage plugin[/url]

Install it and modify the modifyHomepage.php file to redirect to the section you like.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Login Page

By 4cdg - October 26, 2010

perfect.

now, 2 more questions about the admin section.

1.) I want email address to work as username. right now i am entering users manually, but will implement the membership module if I need too.

2.) I want to remove the license link for most users, is that possible.

By Chris - October 27, 2010

Hi 4cdg,

1) The simplest solution is to have all your account records have the same username and email. If you were using a signup script to create users, (like the Website Membership plugin provides,) it would easy to automatically copy the email address to the username field.

2) I've attached a little plugin that gets rid of the Help, License, and View Website links.
All the best,
Chris
Attachments:

removeheaderlinks.php 1K

By 4cdg - October 28, 2010

Tried the plugin to remove links. It worked. Is there any way to just remove license and keep help link. View Website can be there or not, no big deal.... but we need the help link for users.

By Chris - October 28, 2010

Hi 4cdg,

Try this. :)
All the best,
Chris
Attachments:

removelicenselink.php 1K