Incident Management Database

6 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 8, 2010   (RSS)

By northernpenguin - October 2, 2010

Hi

I am in the process of creating an incident management database. Basically, the intent is to allow for owners of a condo unit to place "incident tickets" to the management company. I'm debating whether to use CMSB or just create my own php/MySQL system. I already use CMSB for the website with the membership plugin, so I was wondering if it would just be easier with CMSB.

Inputting the incident info is straight forward, the issue is the follow up response(s) from both the management company & the owner.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

Re: [northernpenguin] Incident Management Database

By Toledoh - October 2, 2010

Im playing with a similar thing at the moment - including the email download plugin to capture a complaint from email. Looks good so far.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Jason - October 4, 2010

Hi,

From the sounds of it, it would be easier to build your own system on top of CMSB, since CMSB will simply the process of creating the necessary database tables. In addition, the website membership plugin will make it easier to keep track of who is submitting what.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Christopherb - October 6, 2010

We use the "download mail" plug-in in conjunction with formatted incident forms on the website. Since the forms send an email using formmail on the same server, the emails never leave the server and are placed directly into the "Incedent" users pop account awaiting to be processed into CMS builder.

We then have a cron job run the "download mail" plug-in every 15 minutes and update the CMS builder database.

Works great for us.

Chris

Re: [Christopherb] Incident Management Database

By northernpenguin - October 7, 2010

Hi Chris

How do you keep the client updated as to the status of each incident?

Ragi
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke