Lost Password

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 6, 2010   (RSS)

By sykomac - October 6, 2010

Unfortunately I added a new user to my MySQL databases and the name was truncated so then it matched the name I already had. Which, therefore changed the password to the one I entered thinking it was going to be for the new user. And I forgot what I used for the original user.

After all is said, I now can't get to the admin area because the password is wrong. Where can I find the password in CMS so I can change it to the new one?

Thanks,
Paul

Re: [Damon] Lost Password

By sykomac - October 6, 2010

Actually I think I found what I wanted.

When I go to the admin page I get an error saying that it can't connect to the database - I don't even get to the admin login page.

But, in the error message it says to check data/settings.dat.php so I think I'll start there.

Re: [sykomac] Lost Password

By Chris - October 6, 2010

Hi sykomac,

You may want to contact your host and ask them why your database stopped working. They may have changed something without letting you know.

Once you've got your database issues sorted out, if the "forgot your password" feature doesn't work for you, one trick is to edit your settings.dat.php file and set:

isInstalled = 0

That will cause CMS Builder to ask you to fill out its Install screen again, which will give you the opportunity to create a new administrator account. The install process won't destroy any sections or data.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris