Converting Single Record to Multi

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 1, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [ginger] Converting Single Record to Multi

By Chris - October 1, 2010

Hi ginger,

You can't convert a Single Record section to a Multi Record section, but you can create a new Multi Record section with only one record.

I'm confused about what exactly you want to accomplish. Can you give me an example of how the page works now and how you want the pages to work in the future?

Will there ever be more than two pages? If not, you could accomplish this with a "Page Two Content" field — if it's empty, no link to the second page would exist, but if it's filled out, you could display a link to a second page which could show that content.

Does this help? Please let me know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Converting Single Record to Multi

By ginger - October 1, 2010 - edited: October 1, 2010

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess the multi-record section with just one record would work. I would just link to the detail page, right?

This is a startup company, and right now the page lists about 5 services. The page is fine now, but if there's any more detail added about each service, or if other services are added, it will really be too long. More importantly, for SEO purposes as well as user-friendliness, I think it would be best for each service to have its own page and be able to link directly to each from the navigation menu. I guess the only small problem would be the url changing in the future if I changed the title field when the page was split up into separate records.

Am I thinking this through correctly?

Thanks,
ginger

Re: [ginger] Converting Single Record to Multi

By Chris - October 1, 2010

Hi ginger,

Yes, that sounds reasonable. You can always add a redirect for the old URL.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Converting Single Record to Multi

By ginger - October 1, 2010

Thanks for your help!

ginger