Errors with V2.06 lib/init.php changes

10 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 27, 2010   (RSS)

By gkornbluth - September 23, 2010

Hi All,

Seems like you've made some necessary changes in the V.2.06 lib/init.php file to accommodate error checking in newer PHP versions.

Up to now, to suppress errors in an implementation of a CAPTCHA program I’ve been using, I had to change the opening lines of the init.php file, from this:
<?php

// error reporting
error_reporting(E_ALL | 2048); // display all errors (2048 = E_STRICT which isn't defined in PHP 4)

To this:
<?php

// error reporting
// error_reporting(E_ALL | 2048); // display all errors (2048 = E_STRICT which isn't defined in PHP 4)
error_reporting('E_ALL & ~E_WARNING');

I know I’ll have to change something in 2.06, but rather than guessing, breaking something, and finding out the hard way, I thought that I’d ask for some guidance.

VIEWER CODE
This is the code that I’ve been using in my viewer:
<?php
session_start();
require_once "cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php";

list($common_informationRecords, $common_informationMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'common_information',
'where' => whereRecordNumberInUrl(1),
'limit' => '1',
));
$common_informationRecord = @$common_informationRecords[0]; // get first record
?>
<?php include_once "/hsphere/local/home/c307025/cogancameras.com/spambot-email-protector.php" ?>

<?php

include_once('captcha/captchac_lib.php');

if(!isset($_SESSION))
{
session_start();
}
?>

And this is the error I’m now getting (again):

Warning: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /hsphere/local/home/c307025/cmsAdmin/lib/init.php on line 326 Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /hsphere/local/home/c307025//cmsAdmin/lib/init.php on line 327

(Of course, I’d really rather solve the problem at the viewer level but a mod to the init.php file would work just fine)

Thanks.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Errors with V2.06 lib/init.php changes

By Chris - September 23, 2010

Hi Jerry,

I think you'll want to remove this line from your viewer:

session_start();

viewer_functions.php will call init.php and that will start the session for you.

Also, you can set error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_WARNING) in your viewer code right before you include your CAPTCHA script if you'd like.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Errors with V2.06 lib/init.php changes

By gkornbluth - September 23, 2010

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried your suggestions, but unfortunately, I'm still getting the same error response.

here's he new code in case I misunderstood:

<?php
session_start();

list($common_informationRecords, $common_informationMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'limit' => '1',
));
?>
<?php include_once "/hsphere/local/home/c307025/cogancameras.com/spambot-email-protector.php" ?>

<?php

if(!isset($_SESSION))
{
// session_start();
}
?>

And here's the error I still get:
Warning: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /hsphere/local/home/c307025/cogancameras.com/cmsAdmin/lib/init.php on line 326 Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /hsphere/local/home/c307025/cogancameras.com/cmsAdmin/lib/init.php on line 327

Best,

Jerry

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Jason - September 24, 2010

Hi Jerry,

I think the problem is your "session_start()" that appears just before the require_once statement. Try this:

<?php

'limit' => '1',
));
?>

<?php

if(!isset($_SESSION))
{
session_start();
}
?>

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Errors with V2.06 lib/init.php changes

By gkornbluth - September 24, 2010

Hi Jason,

Sorry, I had commented out the wrong session_start();

Here’s what I found so far.

If I load the CAPTCHA before common_information table, as in the code below, then the CAPTCHA works but the viewer still shows the error message above.

<?php
?>

<?php

'limit' => '1',
));

?>

If I change the loading order to load the common_information table first, then the CAPTCHA code doesn’t work (the error message is still there).

No matter where (or if) I insert error_reporting('E_ALL & ~E_WARNING'); it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Hope you’ve got an idea.

Worst case, can I modify the init.php file to 2.05 code and how would I do that? Can I upload V2.05 over 2.06 without destroying the site (database compatibility) ?

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth

By Jason - September 24, 2010

Hi Jerry,

You could over write the init file with one from an older version. This shouldn't cause any problems (do a backup of everything just in case).

If you want, I could take a quick look at it and see if I can track down the issue. If you could email all of details along with the name of the page that has this issue to jason@interactivetools.com

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Errors with V2.06 lib/init.php changes

By gkornbluth - September 25, 2010

Update:

The error message that I was seeing only appeared when the Captcha generating program "Captcha Creator" was called on a page and only when using CMSB V2.06.

After discussing the issue with Jason, the (temporary) solution agreed on was to write over the V2.06 init.php file with a V2.05 init.php file that was modified as described in the CMSB Cookbook recipe for Captcha Creator implementation.

I like Captcha Creator because it's easily customizable and unobtrusive on a web page, but it seems to have some coding problems that make it unusable with CMSB in the long term.

So, if anyone can recommend a Captcha program (besides re-captcha) that works well with CMSB, could you post the information here?

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth

By Djulia - September 26, 2010 - edited: September 26, 2010

Hi Jerry,

You tried to use the session_write_close(); ?

<?php
require_once "lib/viewer_functions.php";
session_write_close ();

session_name ("captcha"); // if necessary for your script
session_start ();
?>

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.session-write-close.php

Djulia

Re: [Djulia] Errors with V2.06 lib/init.php changes

By gkornbluth - September 26, 2010

Thanks Djulia,

No, I didn't but I'll certainly give it a try and let you know.

I didn't even know it existed.

Thanks,

Jerry