Security / Admin Rights

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 17, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [rentittoday] Security / Admin Rights

By Chris - September 16, 2010

Hi rentittoday,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you please elaborate?
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Security / Admin Rights

ok. Based on what category menu that you choose in the intital setup it ultimately determines the level of security function you can have in the system / menu options. A single category has more options than a multi category for security. Meaning In a single category you can have someone have a security level of : none, viewer, editor, etc. If you set it up in the beginning as a multi category than the options are only viewer and editor. Why not have it standard across the board. It shouldnt matter how you setup the categories, the security / admin should have more flexibilty to lock down items regardless of these settings. Security will make or break your system as development and growth takes place. As you add modules like the rating system etc, if someone has the categories setup wrong they are going to have to start from scratch on resetting up the system. This is because of the many unknowns of what will happen if you go change a multiple category to a single category or the other way around. This could give a bad name to the cms application in the long run.
Jason Glass

Re: [rentittoday] Security / Admin Rights

By Chris - September 17, 2010

Rentittoday and I got everything figured out. :)
All the best,
Chris