Need to use 2 advanced filters

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 15, 2010   (RSS)

By dsn7287 - April 17, 2009

Any help with this issue would be very very much appreciated.

Ok this is what I have;
2 sections: Fixtures & Tournament Info

Tournament Info has the field names:
team
tournament
tournament_name

Fixtures has a few other fields, but the ones essential to my query are:
team
match_type
tournament_name

Ok basically what happens is I fill the Tournament_Info section with information.

Now to my question.

Ok in fixtures:

my team field is populated by using the "Get options from db". The results are gotten from the team field in the tournament_info database.

the match_type field is populated using the "Get options from MySQL query". The query is dependent on the value chosen for the team option above, using the Advanced filter option. Here is the code for it just for information purposes.

SELECT DISTINCT tournament, tournament FROM cms_tournament_info WHERE team = '<?php echo $ESCAPED_FILTER_VALUE ?>'

ok now to my problem, for the tournament_name field, i want a pulldown box that is dependent on the value of team & the match_type field. That is I want to use 2 escaped value options. Is there anyway to get this done? So in short, I want to have a MySQL query that will look something like this:

SELECT DISTINCT tournament_name, tournament_name FROM cms_tournament_info WHERE tournament = '<?php echo $ESCAPED_FILTER_VALUE ?>' & team = how to assign this value????????????

Once again any help would be very very very much appreciated!

Cheers....

Re: [dsn7287] Need to use 2 advanced filters

By ross - April 20, 2009

Hi there.

Thanks for posting!

Had you already started working on this? I'd like to take a look at where you got to and see what the next step is going to be.

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/