Subcategory galleries issues

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 13, 2010   (RSS)

By rui - September 11, 2010

hi everybody

Sorry the bad English.

This is my first time i will use CMS Builder and i´m sorry if anybody already ask this in the forum.

I have a client that whant a gallery with 2 levels. For example:

Home
Clients
Company
Projects
- Houses
--- House 1
----- House 1 (Main photo, description and lots of photos of "house 1")
--- House 2
--- House 3
- Buildings
- bridges
- x, y ,z ...
Contacts

My main problem is the categories inside categories and the possibility to put a gallery inside a record like in this case the "house 1"

I´m 95% sure that CMS Builder is capable of doing that, but it´s very difficult? Do i have to do hardcore for this?

Tks everyone :)

Re: [chris] Subcategory galleries issues

By rui - September 13, 2010

Hi Chris,

Tks for the reply.

Sorry if i dint explain myself very well.

My client is an architect and he want´s a portfolio. The portfolio has categories and "products". So, the example is something like this.

Bridges
Houses
---House of Ana
---House of Peter
---House of Miguel
Buildings

So, in this case we have 3 categories and inside one of the categories we have 3 "products".

Inside each "products" we will have "Title, Description and gallery", well it´s basically a online store structure.

Tks
Rui Almeida

Re: [rui] Subcategory galleries issues

By Chris - September 13, 2010

Hi Rui,

I'm going to assume that Bridges, Houses, and Buildings will have different information associated with them. Therefore, you'll want to use three different Multi Record sections.

For galleries, you can simply use an Upload Field configured to allow only images to be uploaded.

You can safely start by working on your Houses section first. Once you have that set up, you can build your other sections and finally put it all together with a navigation menu.

Create a Multi Record section called "Houses" and add an Upload Field to it called "Gallery". Add a couple sample houses and then use the Code Generator to build yourself both a List and a Detail page. Enter the URL for your Detail page into the Section Editor, then go to your List page to see it in action.

When you've got that working, build your Bridges and Buildings sections.

Finally, find an example of how you want your gallery to work and post that here along with your List page source code. :)
All the best,
Chris