Family Portal

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 7, 2010   (RSS)

By ginger - September 7, 2010

Hi,

I recently purchased CMS Builder for a client's site, and even though I've barely scratched the surface with CMS Builder, I'm liking what I see and I'm considering using it for a family portal type site, but I'm not sure if it's the right tool. If it is, will the core CMS Builder suffice or will I need the membership plugin. My requirements, at least to start with, are:

- Entire site will be password protected.
- Address book that family members can edit and add to.
- Family members can submit news articles and attach a photo gallery to their article.
- Possibly user comments on article pages.

Is CMS Builder a good fit for this?

I originally thought I would just use .htaccess to protect the site with one username and password, but with a lot of different people submitting content I'm thinking that I need to know who is submitting what, so I'm guessing each person/family will need an account.

Would I be able to do this with the core CMS Builder, or would I need to purchase the membership plugin?

Thanks!

ginger

Re: [ginger] Family Portal

By Jason - September 7, 2010

Hi Ginger,

It sounds like CMS Builder would be an excellent fit for this. The membership plugin would be a good idea as it can be used to password protect any or all of your pages. It also makes it easy to keep track of which users are creating/editing which records.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ginger] Family Portal

By Jason - September 7, 2010

Hi Ginger,

This will depend on how you want to set the system up. If all of the adding/editing/viewing of content is going to take place inside of CMS Builder, then you won't need the membership plugin. If this is going to be taking place on pages external to CMS Builder, then you'll need the plugin.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/