Notice: CMSB v2.06 Beta!

8 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 2, 2010   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Chris - September 1, 2010

Hi everyone,

We've just released v2.06 beta 1 (beta list members will get an email with a download link shortly).

This version is a maintenance release which addresses a few uncommonly seen bugs and adds a few small features.

If you're not already on the beta tester email list and you'd like to help beta test (you must own at least 1 CMSB license) please email dave@interactivetools.com to be added to the list.

Please post any feedback, questions or bugs you find! Thanks! :)
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Notice: CMSB v2.06 Beta!

• Archived  

By Djulia - September 2, 2010

Hi,

I have just made the update and I have sometimes a error message with the use of the plugin MEMBERSHIP.

Notice: session_start(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/tmp) failed: Permission denied (13)
in ../lib/init.php on line 324

You have an idea ?

Thanks, Djulia

Re: [bruno] Notice: CMSB v2.06 Beta!

• Archived  

By Djulia - September 2, 2010

Bruno,

Thanks for your suggestion. :)

My host does not authorize the use of these lines in the file htaccess (the server are configured in paranoiac mode...).

One also recommends to me to use (ligne 321 in init.php) :
[font "Times New Roman"]

ini_set('session.gc_probability', 0);

I will await the sugggestion of Interactivetools.

Thank you again. :)

Djulia

Bug found? concerning FTP transfer on v2.06, Re: [chris] Notice: CMSB v2.06 Beta!

• Archived  

By Codee - September 2, 2010 - edited: September 2, 2010

This has never occurred before and I've been using CMSB since around v1.20 and it's only occured with this v2.06 beta release.

After uploading the new release to whatever site I'm installing it on, I then download via FTP the modified site. It seems in most directories wherever there is the WS_FTP.LOG file that the ftp transfer errors and crashes out. This prevents the next directory to download, etc. Since the WS_FTP.LOG file exists in a LOT of the versions subdirectories this becomes a tedious nightmare. Is there a fix because the error occurs even if downloading to a fresh directory tree on the base computer?

Re: [equinox69] Bug found? concerning FTP transfer on v2.06, Re: [chris] Notice: CMSB v2.06 Beta!

• Archived  

By Chris - September 2, 2010

Hello folks,

Thanks for the great feedback so far! :)

@Djulia: Please make the change as suggested by your host. From what I've read, your host will be doing their own session garbage collection outside of PHP. We're looking into the problem and a permanent fix right now. If changing that 1 to a 0 doesn't help for whatever reason, please just comment out both of the new lines that were added:

ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', 60*60*24 ); // session garbage-collection code starts getting randomly called after this many seconds of inactiity
//ini_set('session.gc_probability', 1 ); // after gc_maxlifetime is met old session are cleaned up randomly every (gc_probability / gc_divisor) requests
//ini_set('session.gc_divisor', 250 ); // after gc_maxlifetime is met old session are cleaned up randomly every (gc_probability / gc_divisor) requests
ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', false );

Thanks for reporting this! Expect a proper fix shortly. :)
All the best,
Chris

Re: [equinox69] Bug found? concerning FTP transfer on v2.06, Re: [chris] Notice: CMSB v2.06 Beta!

• Archived  

By Chris - September 2, 2010 - edited: September 2, 2010

Hi equinox69,

Your FTP client, WS_FTP is creating those files. Leaving them on your webserver is sometimes seen as a security vulnerability, since it's considered bad form to let hackers know your directory structure. There are [url http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=inurl%3Aws_ftp.log]thousands of these files publicly viewable on the web[/url].

There haven't been any new files or directories added in 2.06 (only the contents of the files has changed.) CMS Builder won't read, write, or do anything to these log files at all. I can't figure out how this new version might affect WS_FTP or its logs in any way.

You'll want to check with the WS_FTP people to see if this crashing bug is known about. Or you could try upgrading WS_FTP. Or another FTP client. Or you could try asking WS_FTP not to keep logs:

1. Click on the Options button.
2. Click on the General tab.
3. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Enable log.

I hope this helps!
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Bug found? concerning FTP transfer on v2.06, Re: [chris] Notice: CMSB v2.06 Beta!

• Archived  

By Codee - September 2, 2010

Hi Chris,
Thanks for responding so quickly. I'll follow your suggestion(s). Just strange, haven't modified Ws_ftp settings for a LONG time...so strange. Thanks!